All About Port Arthur Texas
Port Arthur, TX (Texas)
Mold Inspectorsand Remvoal experts in Port Arthur
Port Arthur is a cities in Jefferson County within the Beaumont–Port Arthur metropolitan area of the U.S. state of Texas. A small, uninhabited portion extends into Orange County. It is 90 mi (140 km) east of Houston. The largest oil refinery in the United States, the Motiva Refinery is located in Port Arthur.The population of Port Arthur was 53,818 at the 2010 census, down from 57,755 at the 2000 census. Early attempts at settlements in the area had all failed. However, in 1895, Arthur Stilwell founded Port Arthur, and the town quickly grew. Port Arthur was incorporated as a cities in 1898 and soon developed into a seaport. It eventually became the center of a large oil refinery network. The Rainbow Bridge across the Neches River connects Port Arthur to Bridge cities.Port Arthur is vulnerable to hurricanes and extensive damage to the cities has been caused several times.
Port Arthur is located in Orange County
Port Arthur #state:u# Seal Port Arthur #state:u# Flag
Bob Hope School is located at 2849 9Th Ave Port Arthur,Tx,77642 Bob Hope School phone number is (409)983-3244. The school district has 976 students, 58 teachers.
Port Arthur is located on the eastern edge of Jefferson County at 29°53€²6€³N 93°56€²24€³W (29.884864 - ’93.939902) - on the west side of Sabine Lake. It is bordered to the northeast by Orange County - Texas - and to the southeast - across Sabine Lake - by Cameron Parish - Louisiana. The Port Arthur city limits extend south along the west side of Sabine Pass - the outlet of Sabine Lake - as far as the Gulf of Mexico on the city's southern border. To the north - the city limits extend across the Neches River into Orange County. Port Arthur is bordered to the northwest by the cities of Nederland - Groves - and Port Neches - and to the northeast by Bridge City in Orange County.According to the United States Census Bureau - the city has a total area of 144.1 square miles (373.1 km2) - of which 76.9 square miles (199.2 km2) are land and 67.1 square miles (173.9 km2) - or 46.61% - are covered by water.
Port Arthur TX Demogrpahic information
Catstrong is a Mold Remediation Company servicing the entire Port Arthur TX area, including 77611 77627 77630 77640 77641 77642 77643 77655 77705
Catstrong is a Mold Inspection Company Orange County
Learn more about Port Arthur - Visit Port Arthur
Catstrong of Port Arthur, TXWe wish to provide a 5 star experience our customers regularly get ready for. Call us today.
Port Arthur is located in Orange County county
Latitude: 29.8334,Longitude: -93.96632
Port Arthur TX Demogrpahic information">Port Arthur
Top sites to see in Port Arthur Texas
- Museum of the Gulf Coast : The Museum of the Gulf Coast, located in Port Arthur, Texas, specializes in Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast history. Its most notable exhibits are a gallery of Robert Rauschenberg's artworks and a Music Hall of Fame honoring performers from the region; featured in the latter are artifacts of Janis Joplin's youth. The museum is sponsored and administered by the Port Arthur Historical Society, and is the descendant of the original Port Arthur Museum chartered by the state in 1964. The administration of the museum is done in partnership with Lamar State College-Port Arthur and the City of Port Arthur. Wikipedia
- Doornbos Heritage Park : Recreation area with a duck pond
- Pompeiian Villa : The Pompeiian Villa is a historic house in Port Arthur, Texas, U.S.. It was built in 1900 for Isaac Ellwood, and designed by architects George C. Nimmons and William K. Fellows. It belonged to James Hopkins, the vice president of the Diamond Match Company, from 1901 to 1903, when it was sold to George Craig for 10% of Texaco. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since May 23, 1973. The house is owned by the Port Arthur Historical Society, and is open for tours by reservation with the Museum of the Gulf Coast. Wikipedia
- Buu Mon Buddhist Temple : Chua Buu Mon is a Buddhist Temple located on Proctor Street in Port Arthur, Texas. Wikipedia
- Sabine Pass Battleground State Historic Site : Sabine Pass Battleground State Historic Site is located in Jefferson County, Texas, where the Sabine River enters the Gulf of Mexico. The site is the location of a significant Civil War battle. In September 1863, members of the Davis Guardâ€”led by Confederate Lt. Richard "Dick" Dowlingâ€”held off a Union attack at Sabine Pass, a key port for Confederate shipments of supplies. In a battle lasting less than an hour, Dowling and his men destroyed two gunboats, captured nearly 350 prisoners, and prevented Union forces from penetrating the Texas interior. Today, the site is operated as a historic site by the Texas Historical Commission. Features include the 1936 statue honoring Dowling's feats, a monument dedicated to the Union casualties, outdoor educational exhibits, and a scale model of the Civil War-era fort and battle. Wikipedia
- J.D. Murphree Wildlife Management Area : Marshland preserve with seasonal hunting
- Sabine Pass Lighthouse : The Sabine Pass Lighthouse, or Sabine Pass Light as it was referred to by the United States Coast Guard, is a historic lighthouse, as part of a gulf coast light station, on the Louisiana side of the Sabine River, in Cameron Parish, across from the community of Sabine Pass, Texas. It was first lit in 1857 and was deactivated by the Coast Guard in 1952. One of only three built in the United States of similar design, the light was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as "Sabine Pass Lighthouse" on December 17, 1981. It is now abandoned but has long continued to be the subject of preservation efforts. The Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society â€“ with interest because the lighthouse was once in Calcasieu Parish â€“ has listed that the lighthouse may be the oldest brick structure still standing in Southwest Louisiana. Wikipedia
- Dutch Windmill Museum : Museum
|Mold Inspection||Mold Remediation||Fire Restoration||Disinfection Services||Commercial Roof Replacement||TPO Roof Replacement||Port Arthur Neighborhoods, Restaurants and Hotels|
Services Offered in Port Arthur
Savannah Ave, Port Arthur, TX 77640-6832
Sabine Pass, Port Acres, Griffing Park, Lakeview, Pear Ridge