All About Brenham Texas
Brenham, TX (Texas)
Mold Inspectorsand Remvoal experts in Brenham
Brenham ( BREH-n?m) is a cities in east-central Texas in Washington County, United States, with a population of 15,716 according to the 2010 U.S. census. It is the county seat of Washington County. Brenham is south of College Station, and about halfway between Houston and Austin approximately 70 miles (110 km) northwest of Houston, and about 90 miles (140 km) east of Austin.Brenham is renowned as the heart of the bluebonnet region in Central Texas. The local chamber of commerce promotes the Bluebonnet Trails and offers free maps to guide visitors along the most scenic wildflower routes, which also pass historic sites and attractions.Washington County is known as the "Birthplace of Texas," as it contains the site of the signing of the Texas Declaration of Independence on March 2, 1836 in the town of Washington-on-the-Brazos. This is now a state historic site.Brenham is also known for its annual German heritage festival that takes place each May called Maifest, similar to Volksfest. Numerous German immigrants settled here in the mid-nineteenth century, following the Revolutions in German states in 1848.Brenham is also the Home of "The World's Largest BBQ Pit" on 290 West.
Brenham is located in Washington County
Brenham #state:u# Seal Brenham #state:u# Flag
Brenham Isd is located at P O Box 1147 Brenham,Tx,77834 Brenham Isd phone number is (979)277-3700. The school district has 5023 students, 362 teachers.
College students make up about half of the population of Brenham. As of 2014, the 17,707 students enrolled at Blinn College amounted to an estimated 51.4% of the city's population.As of the census of 2000, there were 13,507 people, 4,907 households, and 3,115 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,541.5 people per square mile (595.3/km2). There were 5,317 housing units at an average density of 606.8 per square mile (234.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 69.99% White, 21.91% African American, 0.25% Native American, 1.86% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 4.75% from other races, and 1.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.25% of the population.There were 4,907 households, out of which 30.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.7% were married couples living together, 14.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.5% were non-families. 30.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 15.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 3.01.In the city, the population was spread out, with 22.5% under the age of 18, 15.9% from 18 to 24, 24.7% from 25 to 44, 18.8% from 45 to 64, and 18.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females, there were 89.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.6 males.The median income for a household in the city was $32,198, and the median income for a family was $41,486. Males had a median income of $31,133 versus $22,152 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,351. About 12.8% of families and 17.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 21.9% of those under age 18 and 20.7% of those age 65 or over.
In Popular Culture
Until 2009 Greyhound Lines offered bus services from the Stop N'Save at 601 East Main Street - but as of 2015 Brenham is not served by intercity bus. US 290 SH 105 SH 36 FM 389 FM 577
Brenham TX Demogrpahic information
Catstrong is a Mold Remediation Company servicing the entire Brenham TX area, including 77833 77834
Catstrong is a Mold Inspection Company Washington County
Learn more about Brenham - Visit Brenham
Catstrong of Brenham, TXWe want to provide a 5 star experience our customers continuously plan for. Call us today.
City: Brenham, State: #state:t#
Latitude: 30.16688,Longitude: -96.39774
Brenham TX Demogrpahic information">Brenham
Top sites to see in Brenham Texas
- Brenham Heritage Museum : The Brenham Heritage Museum is a local history museum located in downtown Brenham, Texas. Exhibits and collections reflect a focus on the history and culture of the Brenham and Washington County area. The museum is located in the old US Post Office-Federal Building-Brenham, a National Register of Historic Places building. The museum operates a second site, the Bus Depot Gallery, in the Art-Deco Kerrville Bus Lines Depot of Brenham. Wikipedia
- City of Brenham - Toubin Park : Small park displaying historic cisterns
- Giddings Stone Mansion : The Giddingsâ€“Stone Mansion is a historic mansion located at 204 E. Stone St., Brenham, Texas. It was designed in the Greek Revival architectural style. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since June 24, 1976. The house was acquired by the Heritage Society of Washington County in 1975. Wikipedia
- Heritage Society of Washington County : Historical Society
- Hatfield Plantation : The Hatfield Plantation is a Southern plantation with a historic mansion located in Brenham, Texas. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since January 25, 1971. Wikipedia
- City of Brenham - Linda Anderson Park : Sports Complex
- Somerville Lake : Somerville Lake is a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reservoir on Yegua Creek in the Brazos River basin, 10 miles northwest of Brenham, Texas, United States. The town of Somerville in Burleson County is adjacent to the reservoir. The lake extends into portions of Burleson County, Washington County, and Lee County. The dam lies in Washington County. The dam and lake are managed by the Fort Worth District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The reservoir was officially impounded in 1967, and serves to provide flood control and water for irrigation for the communities downstream. Somerville Lake is a popular recreational destination. Somerville Lake is also commonly known as Lake Somerville. Wikipedia
- Pleasant Hill Winery : Winery, vineyard, wine tasting, and wine
|Mold Inspection||Mold Remediation||Fire Restoration||Disinfection Services||Commercial Roof Replacement||TPO Roof Replacement||Brenham Neighborhoods, Restaurants and Hotels|
Services Offered in Brenham
132 E Alamo St, Brenham, TX 77833-3700