All About Marshall Texas
Marshall, TX (Texas)
Mold Inspectorsand Remvoal experts in Marshall
Marshall is a cities in the U.S. state of Texas. It is the county seat of Harrison County and a cultural and educational center of the Ark-La-Tex region. At the 2010 U.S. census, the population of Marshall was 23,523; in 2019 it decreased to an estimated 22,831. The population of the Greater Marshall area, comprising all of Harrison County, was 65,631 in 2010, and 66,726 in 2018.Marshall and Harrison County were important political and production areas of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. This area of Texas was developed for cotton plantations. Planters brought slaves with them from other regions or bought them in the domestic slave trade. It had a higher proportion of slaves than other regions of the state, and the wealth of the county and cities depended on slave labor and the cotton market. Marshall then was a large railroad center of the Texas and Pacific Railway from the late 19th century until the mid-20th century. Activists in the cities's substantial African American population worked to create social change through the Civil Rights Movement, with considerable support from the historically black colleges and universities in the area.The cities is known for holding one of the largest light festivals in the United States, the "Wonderland of Lights". It identifies as the self-proclaimed "Pottery Capital of the World", for its sizable pottery industry. Marshall is referred to by various nicknames: the "Cultural Capital of East Texas", the "Gateway of Texas", the "Athens of Texas", the "cities of Seven Flags", and "Center Stage", a branding slogan adopted by the Marshall Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Marshall is located in Harrison County
Marshall #state:u# Seal Marshall #state:u# Flag
Marshall Isd is located at P O Box 43 Marshall,Tx,75671 Marshall Isd phone number is (903)927-8701. The school district has 5439 students, 359 teachers.
In 2019, the American Community Survey estimated 22,831 people inhabited Marshall. About 26% of the city's population were under 18 and 16.4% were aged 65 or older. Nearly 52% of the city was female. The median income for a household was $43,783 and 20.2% of the city lived below the poverty line. Per the U.S. Census Bureau's 2018 estimates, the city had a owner-occupied housing rate of 60.9% and there were 7,882 households. An average of 2.78 people resided within Marshall's households from 2014-2018. At the census of 2000, 23,935 people, 8,730 households, and 6,032 families resided in the city. The population density was 809.5 people per square mile (312.5/km2). The 9,923 housing units averaged 335.6 per square mile (129.6/km2). Of the 8,730 households, 32.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.4% were married couples living together, 19.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.9% were not families. About 28.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.12.In the city, the population was distributed as 26.1% under the age of 18, 13.4% from 18 to 24, 24.6% from 25 to 44, 20.3% from 45 to 64, and 15.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females, there were 87.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.2 males.The median income for a household in the city was $30,335, and for a family was $37,438. Males had a median income of $30,146 versus $21,027 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,491. About 17.8% of families and 22.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 32.5% of those under age 18 and 15.1% of those age 65 or over.
The city has one newspaper - The Marshall News Messenger - a subsidiary of the nearby Longview newspaper. One radio station operates out of Marshall - KMHT / KMHT (FM).Marshall has an ABC news office. The city is within the reception area of broadcasters based in Shreveport - Louisiana: KTBS (ABC) - KSLA (CBS) - KMSS (FOX) - KTAL (NBC) - KPXJ (The CW) - KSHV-TV (My Network TV) - and KLTS (Louisiana Public Broadcasting). Nearby Longview is within the reception of both the Shreveport and Tyler - Texas media markets.The local cable company - Fidelity Communications (formerly Cobridge Communications) - provides public-access television channels that show local football games produced by KMHT radio - and meetings of the city and county commissions (both live and replayed) - as well as streaming audio from KMHT. Marshall is also the home of the weekly podcast "Beyond the Pine Curtain".
Catstrong is a Mold Remediation Company servicing the entire Marshall TX area, including 75670 75671 75672
Catstrong is a Mold Inspection Company Harrison County
Learn more about Marshall - Visit https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/m/0102t4
Catstrong of Marshall, TXWe want to provide a 5 star experience our clients constantly plan for. Call us today.
City: Marshall, State: #state:t#
Latitude: 32.54487,Longitude: -94.36742
Top sites to see in Marshall Texas
- Michelson Museum of Art : The Michelson Museum of Art is a museum in Marshall, Texas that was founded to house the works of the Latvian-American artist Leo Michelson. Michelson feared that if he donated his works to a large museum that they would largely be placed in storage. After Michelson's death in 1978 his wife Janine started to search for a location, and at the suggestion of family friend Wendy Russell Reves, chose Marshall, Texas. The museum houses a permanent collection of works; including over a thousand paintings, drawings, and prints by Michelson. The museum's collection has expanded to include pieces not associated with Michelson. In 1999 the museum received the 20th-century American Art collection of Dr. Bernard and Gloria Kronenberg. The collection includes paintings, drawings, lithographs and statues by fifty-three artists including Milton Avery and Georges Rouault. The Ramona and Jay Ward Collection of African Masks is another permanent collection and includes masks of the Yoruba, Senufo, and other West African peoples.
- Starr Family Home State Historic Site : Starr Family Home State Historic Site is a 3.1-acre historical site operated by the Texas Historical Commission in downtown Marshall, Texas. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. The museum was made a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1986. On January 1, 2008, the site was transferred from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to the Texas Historical Commission. Wikipedia
- Harrison County Historical Museum : Harrison County Historical Museum is a historical museum in Marshall, Texas, dedicated to the history of Harrison County, Texas. The museum features twenty-two rooms of exhibits ranging in topic from the Native American Caddo culture to the history of the HBCU Wiley College. The museum was in the Old Courthouse on Whetstone Square from 1964 until 2000. The museum houses thousands of artifacts and also has an extensive photographic and text archive partially maintained by a genealogical society. Notable pieces housed in the museum include an Inaugural ball gown worn by Lady Bird Johnson and an accompanying suit worn by Lyndon Johnson, the Emmy that journalist Bill Moyers won for his documentary Marshall, Texas: Marshall, Texas, and George Foreman's world championship belt. Wikipedia
- Karma Farms : Tourist Attraction
- Sam B. Hall, Jr. Federal Building and United States Court House : The Sam B. Hall Jr. Federal Building and United States Courthouse, formerly known as the Marshall Federal Building and U.S. Post Office, was built in 1915. It is a Classical Revival building designed by Oscar Wenderoth and George Shaul. It is used as a courthouse by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The courthouse was renamed in 1994 to honor state representative and district judge Sam B. Hall Jr. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. Wikipedia
- Lake Shadowood Reservoir : Lake
|Mold Inspection||Mold Remediation||Fire Restoration||Disinfection Services||Commercial Roof Replacement||TPO Roof Replacement||Marshall Neighborhoods, Restaurants and Hotels|
Services Offered in Marshall
81 S Washington Ave, Marshall, TX 75670-4153