All About Beaumont Texas
Beaumont, TX (Texas)
Mold Inspectorsand Remvoal experts in Beaumont
Beaumont ( BOH-mont) is a cities in and the county seat of Jefferson County, Texas, in the United States, within the Beaumont–Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area. Located in Southeast Texas on the Neches River about 85 miles (137 km) east of Houston (cities center to cities center), Beaumont had a population of 117,267 at the time of the 2010 census, making it the 30th most populous cities in the state of Texas.Beaumont was founded in 1835. The pioneer settlement had an economy based on the development of lumber, farming, and port industries. In 1892, Joseph Eloi Broussard opened the first commercially successful rice mill in Texas, stimulating development of rice farming in the area; he also started an irrigation company (since 1933 established as the Lower Neches Valley Authority) to support rice culture. Rice became an important commodity crop in Texas and is now cultivated in 23 counties.A big change occurred in 1901 with the Spindletop gusher, which demonstrated that a huge oil field lay underneath and adjacent to the cities. With Spindletop, several energy companies developed in Beaumont, and some remain. The area rapidly developed as one of the country's major petro-chemical refining areas. Along with Port Arthur and Orange, Beaumont forms the Golden Triangle, a major industrial area on the Texas Gulf Coast.Beaumont is home to Lamar University, a national Carnegie Doctoral Research university with 14,966 students, including undergraduates and postgraduates. Over the years, several corporations have been based in this cities, including Gulf States Utilities, which had its headquarters in Beaumont until its takeover by Entergy Corporation in 1994. GSU's Edison Plaza headquarters remains the tallest building in Beaumont.
Beaumont is located in Jefferson County
Beaumont #state:u# Seal Beaumont #state:u# Flag
Beaumont Isd is located at 3395 Harrison Ave Beaumont,Tx,77706 Beaumont Isd phone number is (409)617-5000. The school district has 18858 students, 1177 teachers.
Beaumont TX Demogrpahic information
Catstrong is a Mold Remediation Company servicing the entire Beaumont TX area, including 77627 77701 77702 77703 77704 77705 77706 77707 77708 77709 77710 77713 77720 77725 77726
Catstrong is a Mold Inspection Company Jefferson County
Learn more about Beaumont - Visit Beaumont
Catstrong of Beaumont, TXWe intend to provide a 5 star experience our customers constantly prepare for. Call us today.
City: Beaumont, State: #state:t#
Latitude: 30.08605,Longitude: -94.10185
Beaumont TX Demogrpahic information">Beaumont
Top sites to see in Beaumont Texas
- Beaumont Botanical Gardens : The Beaumont Botanical Gardens, also known as the Tyrrell Park Botanical Gardens, includes botanical gardens and the 10,000 sq ft Warren Loose conservatory. The gardens are located in 500 acre Tyrrell Park at 6088 Babe Zaharias Drive, Beaumont, Texas, USA. An extra benefit is that the gardens are located in a migratory bird flyway. Tyrrell Park is listed on the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail map. Wikipedia
- Art Museum of Southeast Texas : The Art Museum of Southeast Texas is an art museum in Beaumont, Texas, United States. Established in 1950 as the Beaumont Art Museum, it acquired its current name in 1987. It exhibits 19th-21st century fine art and regional folk art from the U.S. and Mexico. Wikipedia
- Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum : The Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum is located in Beaumont, Texas, to commemorate the discovery of oil at the Spindletop Hill salt dome in Beaumont on Jan. 10, 1901. The discovery sparked an oil boom in Texas that continues today. Along with a gift shop with commemorative gifts, the museum features historical, period reenactments by area performers. A replica of the wooden oil derricks that once dotted the landscape of Spindletop Hill in the early 1900s has been erected near the museum. For special occasions and anniversaries, the museum staff â€œblows the gusherâ€ with a plume of water and provides a historical narrative and sound effects to simulate the discovery of oil at Spindletop. The museum is on the campus of Lamar University, which owns and operates the museum. Wikipedia
- Village Creek State Park : Village Creek State Park is a state park in the Piney Woods of eastern Texas in the Hardin County city of Lumberton. The heavily forested, 1,090 acres park opened in 1994. It is named for Village Creek, a clean, sand-bottomed, free-flowing tributary of the Neches River. The forested area features cypress swamps including bald cypress, water tupelo, river birch, riverflat hawthorn, and yaupon holly trees. Wildlife includes snapping turtle, white-tailed deer, diamondback water snake, and possum. Fishing includes channel catfish, bass, crappie, and bluegill. Wikipedia
- Texas Energy Museum : The Texas Energy Museum is a museum in Beaumont, Texas in the United States. The museum was formed in 1987 to tell the story of oil through state of the art exhibits including talking robotic characters. The museum opened on January 10, 1990, the anniversary of the Spindletop gusher. The museum is part of a concentration of several museums in the downtown Beaumont area. It is located adjacent to the Tyrrell Historical Library and the Art Museum of Southeast Texas. The Beaumont Children's Museum is temporarily located across the street in the Beaumont Civic Center. The Edison Museum and Fire Museum of Texas are within a few blocks. Wikipedia
- Edison Museum : The Edison Museum, a science and history museum about the life and inventions of Thomas Edison, is located in Beaumont, Texas at 350 Pine St. on the grounds of Edison Plaza. Wikipedia
- The McFaddin-Ward House Historic Museum : The McFaddinâ€“Ward House is a historic home in Beaumont, Texas, United States built in 1905 1906 in the Beaux-Arts Colonial Revival style. The 12,800-square-foot house and furnishings reflect the lifestyle of the prominent family who lived in the house for seventy-five years. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. Di Vernon Averill commissioned architect Henry Conrad Mauer to build the house, which was sold the next year to Di's brother, William P.H. McFaddin. McFaddin and his wife Ida Caldwell McFaddin, from Huntington, West Virginia, moved into the house in 1907 with their three children: Mamie, age 11, Perry, Jr., age 9, and James Caldwell, age 6. A substantial carriage house was added in the same year. The carriage house had a stable, hayloft, garage, gymnasium and servant's quarters. When the McFaddins' daughter Mamie married Carroll Ward in 1919, the newlyweds moved in with the McFaddins and lived their entire married lives there. Before Mamie McFaddin Ward died in 1982, she created a foundation to preserve the house as a museum which opened to the public in 1986.
- Fire Museum of Texas : The Fire Museum of Texas is located in a former fire station, the former Central Fire Station, in Beaumont, Texas, built in 1927. The building is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, and is an example of the Renaissance Revival. The building houses state-of-the-art interactive fire safety exhibits with a collection of antique fire equipment dating as early as 1856. It also has a two-story interactive playhouse for children to learn fire safety. Another feature is that "...the world's largest working fire hydrant...", a towering twenty-four feet tall, is in front of the building. In addition to the fire hydrant, the museum features the State of Texas Firefighter Memorial, a 9-11 Memorial, and a Firefighter commemorative walkway. Permanent exhibits trace history of fire fighting from bucket brigades to present practices. Several antique trucks are featured dating from 1856. Temporary exhibits can also be found at the museum. The museum is part of a concentration of several museums in the downtown Beaumont area. It is located blocks away from the Tyrrell Historical Library, the Art Museum of Southeast Texas, the Beaumont Children's Museum, and the Edison Museum.
|Mold Inspection||Mold Remediation||Fire Restoration||Disinfection Services||Commercial Roof Replacement||TPO Roof Replacement||Beaumont Neighborhoods, Restaurants and Hotels|
Services Offered in Beaumont
779 Calder Ave, Beaumont, TX 77701-2306
Bridle Gate Estates, Downtown, West Oakland, Oaks Historic District