All About Abilene Texas
Abilene, TX (Texas)
Mold Inspectorsand Remvoal experts in Abilene
Abilene ( AB-i-leen) is a cities in Taylor and Jones Counties in Texas, United States. Its population was 117,063 at the 2010 census, making it the 27th-most populous cities in the state of Texas. It is the principal cities of the Abilene metropolitan statistical area, which had a 2017 estimated population of 170,219. It is the county seat of Taylor County. Dyess Air Force Base is located on the west side of the cities.Abilene is located off Interstate 20, between exits 279 on its western edge and 292 on the east. It is 150 miles (240 km) west of Fort Worth. The cities is looped by I-20 to the north, US 83/84 on the west, and Loop 322 to the east. A railroad divides the cities down the center into north and south. The historic downtown area is on the north side of the railroad.
Abilene is located in Jones County
Abilene #state:u# Seal Abilene #state:u# Flag
Abilene Isd is located at P O Box 981 Abilene,Tx,79604 Abilene Isd phone number is (325)677-1444. The school district has 16842 students, 1109 teachers.
As of the census of 2000, 115,930 people, 41,570 households, and 28,101 families resided in the city. The population density was 1,102.7 people per square mile (425.8/km2). The 45,618 housing units averaged 433.9 per square mile (167.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 78.07% White, 8.81% African American, 0.55% Native American, 1.33% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 8.73% from other races, and 2.44% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 19.45% of the population.Of the 41,570 households, 34.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.0% were married couples living together, 11.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.4% were not families. About 26.6% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 3.07.In the city, the population was distributed as 25.6% under the age of 18, 15.3% from 18 to 24, 28.9% from 25 to 44, 18.2% from 45 to 64, and 12.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females, there were 102.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.1 males.The median income for a household in the city was $33,007, and for a family was $40,028. Males had a median income of $28,078 versus $20,918 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,577. About 10.9% of families and 15.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.6% of those under age 18 and 9.2% of those age 65 or over.As of the 2010 census, Abilene had a population of 117,063. The racial and ethnic makeup of the population was 62.4% non-Hispanic White, 9.6% Black or African American, 0.7% Native American, 1.7% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.1% non-Hispanic reporting some other race, 3.3% of two or more races, and 24.5% Hispanic or Latino.
Arts and Culture
The cultural aspects of Abilene revolve around a mix of the local college and university campuses - the agriculture community of the surrounding area - and the numerous evangelical churches present. Abilene is also home to the restored Paramount Theatre - The Abilene Philharmonic - The Grace Museum - the Center for Contemporary Arts - the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature - The Abilene Zoo - Frontier Texas! - the 12th Armored Division Museum - the Taylor County Expo Center - the Abilene Convention Center - six libraries (three private - three public) - 26 public parks - six television stations - a daily newspaper - and several radio stations - including one NPR station (89.5 KACU).
Abilene TX Demogrpahic information
Catstrong is a Mold Remediation Company servicing the entire Abilene TX area, including 79601 79602 79603 79604 79605 79606 79607 79608 79697 79698 79699
Catstrong is a Mold Inspection Company Jones County
Learn more about Abilene - Visit Abilene
Catstrong of Abilene, TXWe wish to provide a 5 star experience our customers frequently get ready for. Call us today.
Abilene is located in Jones County county
Latitude: 32.45451,Longitude: -99.73815
Abilene TX Demogrpahic information">Abilene
Top sites to see in Abilene Texas
- Abilene State Park : Abilene State Park is a 529.4-acre park near Lake Abilene south of Abilene, Texas. It features camping, trailer facilities, picnicking, shelters, a swimming pool, and hiking. A large grove of oak, cedar, elm and pecan trees, now a favorite picnic area, was once a campground for Comanche Indians. The park is located about 15 miles southwest of Abilene, on FM 89. Much of the early development of the park was done by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. The stone water tower and the swimming pool complex are the most impressive of the structures built during the period. Wikipedia
- The Grace Museum : The Grace Museum is located in Abilene, Texas, United States. The museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Grace Museum houses five art galleries featuring rotating art exhibitions and artwork from the permanent collection; a history gallery with permanent and rotating exhibits featuring Abilene, Taylor County, and West Texas artifacts; an art library; an education center and an interactive gallery for children and families. The Abilene Fine Arts Museum was founded in 1937 by the Art League of the Abilene Woman's Club. The art museum was housed in various downtown locations and Rose Park before the current facility was renovated in 1992. Since 1992, the museum has existed as The Museums of Abilene, Grace Cultural Center and the name was officially changed to The Grace Museum in 1998. Wikipedia
- Frontier Texas! : Frontier Texas! is a 14,000-square-foot museum of the American West in downtown Abilene, the seat of Taylor County in West Texas. The museum serves as a visitors information center for the Texas Forts Trail, one of ten Texas Historical Commission driving regions. Opened in 2004 at 625 North First Street on 6.4 acres near the Texas and Pacific Railway tracks, the museum focuses on settlers and lifestyles in the Old West. Exhibits display attacks by Indians and wolves, stampeding buffalo, a card game shootout, and a prairie thunderstorm. Visitors see depictions of buffalo hunters, Comanche warriors, explorers, and pioneers in the theatre called the "Century of Adventure", 1780-1880. The narrator in the theater is actor-artist Buck Taylor from Fort Worth. In July 2013, the museum was featured on the syndicated anthology television series Texas Country Reporter, with host Bob Phillips. The episode focuses upon eight weather vanes in the shape of bison recently installed in the museum courtyard.
- Historic Fort Phantom Hill : Fort Phantom Hill was a United States Army and Confederate Army installation located at the Clear Fork of the Brazos River in Jones County, Texas. The fort was active from 1852 to 1853 and again from 1856 until the 1890s. Wikipedia
- Taylor County History Center/Buffalo Gap Historic Village : Preserved West Texas frontier town
- National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature : The National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature is an American museum dedicated to illustrations in children's literature. It was established in 2000 and is located in Abilene, Texas. Wikipedia
- 12th Armored Division Memorial : Museum with World War II exhibits
- Abilene zoo : Museum
|Mold Inspection||Mold Remediation||Fire Restoration||Disinfection Services||Commercial Roof Replacement||TPO Roof Replacement||Abilene Neighborhoods, Restaurants and Hotels|
Services Offered in Abilene
1447 Parramore St, Abilene, TX 79601-4926
Far Southside, Westwood Richland, Sears Park Area, Park Central Area, South E. Hwy 80, Elmwood Area, Abilene Heights Area, Red Bud Area, North E. Hwy 80, Original Town North, Original Town South, River Oaks/Brookhollow, Over Place Area, Sayles Blvd. Area, Chimney Rock Area, South Treadaway Area, Cobb Park Area, Lytle Area, North College